Douglas E. McDaniel Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to honor the memory of Douglas E. McDaniel and to assist students through financial support.
- be juniors, seniors, or graduate students currently enrolled at CSUS
- be Government majors with a concentration on International Relations
- have completed at least two semesters at CSUS
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall and 3.50 in the major
- be enrolled at least half-time (6 units minimum) at CSUS
- provide transcripts (unofficial transcripts are sufficient)
- provide 2 letters of recommendation: one from a faculty member and one from a person (this could be faculty, also)
who is able to judge ability based on appropriate practical field or job experience (i.e., an internship)
- submit an essay of no more than two double-spaced, typewritten pages on the following topic:
How do you see your education in International Relations relating to your future plans?
_Preference will be given to those applicants with:
- strong academic records
- demonstrated interest in public service
- senior or graduate standing
- prior experience studying or traveling outside the United States
- foreign language study_
- Supplemental Questions
- Please request a recommendation letter from a faculty member who is able to judge your ability based on practical field or job experience (i.e., an internship)
- Please request a recommendation letter from a person who is able to judge your ability based on practical field or job experience (i.e. an Internship)
- Please submit a two page paper describing how your education in International Relations relates to your future plans.