Kathryn Hohlwein Poetry Award of Merit
Kathryn Hohlwein Poetry Award of Merit was establish to encourage student in the writing of poetry.
Open to students who meets the following requirement:
• Undergraduate: Senior ; or, Graduate: classified/unclassified Graduate
• Majors/minor in English
• Enrollment must be full time at time of application and at time of award
• Minimum GPA: 2.5 for undergraduates, 2.5 for unclassified graduate students and 3.0 for classified graduates.
• A maximum of three poems representative of the poet’s work may be submitted.
• Total submission may not exceed five pages per applicant.
• Poems submitted may not have been previously winners of any other English Department literary contest.
• Entries must be typed or computer-produced in a standard font, on 8.5″ × 11″, white paper. Each entry must have a cover page with the name of the poet and the name of the poem on the first line of the cover page. The applicant’s name shall not appear on the poem pages, since judging will be anonymous.