Hortense Simmons Study Abroad Scholarship
The Hortense Simmons Study Abroad Scholarship was create to encourage English department students to study world literature by providing support for study aboard through global education
Open to students who meets the following requirement:
• Undergraduate: Sophomore, juniors, or seniors; or, Graduate: Classified Graduates
• Must be majoring in English
• Minimum GPA: 3.0
• Enrollment must be full time at time of award.
• Please upload a copy of your Global Education Study Aboard Program Application.*
• A brief statement describing how the study of literature aboard with affect their academic plans for the future. (Max 250 words)
• Provide Two letter of recommendation from members of English Department faculty.
*Successful applicant must be accepted to the Global Education Study Aboard Program and plan to participate in it prior to be awarded.