SSGT Benton Memorial Scholarship
The SSGT Benton Memorial Scholarship recognizes students who have served in the United States Marines or Active Reserves. Applicants must have served for a minimum of four years and have honorable discharge. Medically discharged Marines are encouraged to apply, as are those honorably discharged after being wounded in Iraq with only two years of service. Applicants must be enrolled full-time as a undergraduate, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, and demonstrate financial need. First generation students are also encouraged to apply.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit a one-two page double-spaced essay describing personal achievements, involvement in the community and personal goals.
- A copy of Proof of Status in the US Marines (form DD214)
- Three letters of recommendation: one from Director of Veteran Success Center, one from a faculty member/teacher to show academic progress, and one of your choice 3).
- 1. Letter of Recommendation 1
- 2. Letter of Recommendation 2
- 3. Letter of Recommendation 3