Hornet Science Scholars scholarship
The Hornet Science Scholars scholarship will focus on first-year transfer students majoring in Biological Sciences or Biochemistry to support students enrolled full time in courses leading to these degrees will qualify for this award.
Applicants must also meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive this scholarship:
• Community college students pursuing these majors must have at least a 3.3 GPA** across all STEM courses and a 3.3 GPA overall. (**Consideration will be given to students who don’t meet the GPA requirement, but have overcome significant barriers to their education).
• Must be eligible for the Pell grant.
• Applicants must have completed or have in progress all lower-division science and math pre-requisite courses for their intended major.
• Must be a transfer student accepted to Sacramento State to start in the Fall 2018 semester. Transfer students who were admitted prior to the Fall 2018 semester are not eligible for this scholarship.
• Be a U.S. citizens, nationals, or aliens admitted as refugees or lawfully admitted (per sec. 101(a) and 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act).
Students meeting these criteria will submit a personal statement addressing their path to college and their future career goals, a letter from a faculty member who can attest to their academic promise, and all transcripts.
Promising students will be selected for an interview (In person or via Skype for those out of area), where they will be asked questions related to their academic experience and goals for the future.
In additional you will need the download a “Course Completed Form” base off of your major. Please copy and paste the following link to your browser and download the correct form relate to your major:
• PDF for BIO Majors: http://www.csus.edu/nsm/successcenter/pdfs/hss%20biology%20course%20pdf.pdf
• PDF for Biochem Majors: http://www.csus.edu/nsm/successcenter/pdfs/hss%20biochem%20course%20pdf.pdf
Make sure to fill out the form, save it, and re-upload your form within the scholarship application portal.
The Hornet Science Scholars Program is sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF DUE 1644273). For more information please visit our website: http://www.csus.edu/nsm/successcenter/hornet-science-scholars.html