Arnold and Mari Golub Neuroscience Scholarship
The Arnold and Mari Golub Neuroscience Scholarship was created in honor of Drs. Arnold M. Golub and Mari S. Golub, who have been groundbreaking researchers in the fields of Neuroscience and Psychology. Dr. Arnold M. Golub was a California State University, Sacramento professor who chaired the Department of Psychology five different times across a forty-year period. He also served as the University’s first full-time Director of the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects for six years. Dr. Mari Golub was a University of California, Davis researcher (in Neuroscience and in Developmental Toxicology) and served as a scientist at the California Environmental Protection Agency. The Arnold and Mari Golub Neuroscience Scholarship is intended to support students majoring in Psychology and who have a demonstrated interest in Neuroscience.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive this scholarship:
- Major: Psychology
- Concentration: n/a
- Minimum GPA: 3.25 GPA in upper division Psychology courses
- Class Level: Senior
- Financial Need Required: Financial need may be considered, but is not required
- Enrollment: At least half-time at time of award and at time of application
- Other: See below
• Students must provide their current transcript as part of the application.
• Student recipient(s) are not eligible to reapply for the scholarship award.
• Please submit a personal statement, not to exceed 250 words, expressing your interest in Neuroscience and your goal of doing doctoral work.
• Please submit a letter of recommendation from a Sacramento State faculty member.