Nakatani Asian American Studies Scholarship
The scholarship is designed for any students of any major who have demonstrated a commitment and potential for leadership in the Asian American community.
The scholarship is open to:
- Major: Open
- Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, Classified and Unclassified Graduate
- Minumum GPA is 2.5
- Full-time at the time of award
- Student must meet with an Asian American Studies advisor and A community mentor during the academic year of the scholarship.
- Ethnic Studies Department: Asian American Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you interested in connecting with an Asian American Studies Advisors and a community mentor during the academic year.
- Have you taken at least one Asian American Studies course in a prior semester, or are you planning to take a course in the upcoming semester?
- Please write an essay of 1-2 pages addressing your background, achievements, leadership abilities, and community involvement.
- Please include a letter from a Sacramento State faculty member, administrator, advisor, or a community leader in which he/she provides an evaluation of your academic achievements and promise of academic success as well as your service and contribution to the department, college, university, and/or the community at large.