LTC Jeffery L. Tally, USA (Ret.), and Mrs. Janet Tally Army ROTC Scholarship
This scholarship is intended to support students in the ARMY Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program at Sacramento State.
LTC Jeffrey L. Tally, USA, (Ret.) and Mrs. Janet C. Tally established this scholarship in appreciation for the many memories and life rewards received during their years of service together in the United States Army. LTC (Ret.) Tally was a veteran, G.I. Bill recipient, and Army ROTC student while attending Sacramento State. LTC (Ret.) Tally went on to serve as a Special Forces Officer, including assignments in Germany, Africa, Afghanistan, and Iraq. In retirement, LTC (Ret.) Tally continues to benefit greatly from the leadership and educational opportunities afforded to him while serving his country, and he and his wife wish to help provide the same opportunities to future Army officers.
The scholarship is open to students who meets the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA: 2.5 overall GPA with Good Academic Standing. Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred, but not required.
- Undergraduate Junior or Senior.
- Must be a participating and contracted ARMY ROTC Cadet at the time of award.
- Enrollment: Must be a full time student through scholarship application and award time frame.
- Must have taken the ARMY Physical Fitness Test receiving a score of 240 or greater with 70 points or greater in each event, or must have taken the ARMY Combat Fitness Test receiving a score of 420 or greater with 70 points or greater in each event.
- Preferred: Sacramento State ARMY ROTC Order of Merit List Ranking in the top third of their graduating classes.
- Student must submit a one-page opinion essay on the following question, “In your opinion, why is America suffering from a lack of propensity to serve in the armed forces?”
- Applicant must not be a recipient of a National Army ROTC scholarship or any other Army (Active, Guard, or Reserve) funded scholarships