Jane Ducey Memorial Endowment
The Jane Ducey Memorial Endowment was established to honor the memory of Jane Ducey and to support students in any major offered with the Teacher Education concentration.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive this scholarship:
- must be in good academic standing;
- limited to students within any major in the Teacher Education concentration;
- any class level;
- financial need may be considered but is not required;
- may be enrolled full or part time;
- must be enrolled at time of award
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit an essay that includes a discussion of the skills and knowledge one should have to be successful in teaching students from underrepresented groups.
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing a career in education b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be on letterhead and no older than one year from date of scholarship application submission, and should be relevant to your educational endeavors (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).