California Retired Teachers Association Scholarship Honoring Founder, Laura E. Settle
The California Retired Teachers Association Scholarship Honoring Founder, Laura E. Settle is limited to students who graduated from high school in California.
Applicants must also meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive this scholarship:
- good academic standing;
- overall GPA of 3.5 or better;
- posess a record of exemplary character and citizenship;
- must be accepted or enrolled in a credential program in the College of Education;
- financial need may be considered but is not required;
- must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of California;
- must be enrolled at time of award
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a personal statement (typed, two-pages, double- spaced) to include: a. Reasons for pursuing a career in education b. Methods of financing your education and how you would use scholarship funds c. Future career objectives
- Submit a list of experiences related to working with children or youth beginning with the most recent. List dates, settings, student populations (age/grade level and diversity level), responsibilities, and supervision.
- Submit two letters of recommendation; one from an instructor and one from a teacher with whom they have worked with in the classroom in the last 12 months (please scan letters together in one document, as the program only allows you to download one document).