(Special Process) George Floyd Emergency Grant Endowment
The Cooper-Woodson College Enhancement Program is pleased to share that the George Floyd Emergency Grant Endowment is offering financial support for students who are currently experiencing a trauma crisis while attending Sacramento State University.
The George Floyd Emergency Grant Endowment must include an application form, & documented description of proposed need.
Open to all majors. All Levels
Deadline: Scheduled last day of each semester.
• Qualify for FASFA or Dream Act Orientation?
• Is your crisis related to a death in family, due to social injustice i.e. law enforcement?
• Is your crisis related to a hate crime?
• Have you had to take time off from work due to trauma impaction?
• Do you have a current FINANCIAL EMERGENCY NEED in any of the areas below?
o MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
o PUBLIC COURT SERVICES
Please provide a detailed explanation of the trauma crisis you are experiencing. In addition, include supporting documentation related to any of the areas (listed above) that speak to your area of need. i.e., obituary, judiciary system fines, eviction notice, tech materials needed for class listed on syllabus, etc. Applications submitted without supporting documentation may not necessarily be eligible.
• Students must complete the application form by the last date of current semester to receive grant.
• Sacramento State, University Advancement, Financial Aid &Scholarships, CooperWoodson College nor the George Floyd Grant Endowment is liable for debts incurred in expectation of funds withheld due to loss of eligibility.
• Eligible applicants must currently be participating in at least one of the entities below.
• Acceptance of this grant serves as a formal consent to share the name, photograph, and undertaken degree with the Floyd family as part of the legacy gift from the George Floyd Scholars Collective.
Sacramento State Pan African Student Clubs/Orgs
• Black Student Union
• Black Graduate Student Association
• Nigerian Student Association
• National Society of Black Engineers
• African Student Association
• Eritrean Student Association (Upon Reactivation)
• Black Dance Collective
• The Lotus Project
• Member of any Divine Nine Greek Organizations, and or Multi-Cultural Organizations
*Sacramento State Pan African Centers/Programs/Associations *
• Cooper Woodson College Enhancement Program
• Martin Luther King Jr Center
• Center for African Peace and Conflict Resolution
• Black Staff and Faculty Association
• Black Alumni Association
• Pride Center