Barbara J. McCarty Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is in memory of Barbara J. McCarty, a single mother who attended Sacramento State. The Barbara J. McCarty Memorial Scholarship exists to support single parents attending Sacramento State.
Scholarship awards shall be used to benefit students that meet the following requirements:
- Must be a single parent of one or more children under the age of 18
- Minimum GPA: 2.0 (Undergraduate Students) and 3.0 (Graduate Students) overall GPA
- Major: Political Science
- Class Level: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate Student
- Financial need is required
- Enrolled with no minimum requirement
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a single parent of one or more children under the age of 18?
- Provide a short essay (250 - 500 words) and share the following. - Expected degree and career goals - Why you chose to attend Sacramento State - Explain the importance of earning your degree at Sacramento State as a single parent
- Please provide the TERM and YEAR you plan to graduate from Sac State. (e.g. Fall 2020)